15.2.15

My tattoos ... so far (A work in progress)

I get asked a lot about my tattoos; what do they mean, who does them, why, didn’t that hurt, aren’t they going to look rubbish when you’re older etc etc
Tattoos aren’t for everyone, but I absolutely love mine. The more I get, the more I seem to want so I can’t see myself stopping any time soon.
Everyone has the right to an opinion and I’ll take anyone’s thoughts on board. Each to their own I say!
I see it as a really amazing way to express yourself

From here on in I’ll post any ideas I have for new work, new artists that I stumble across who’s artwork I’m a fan of and any work I get done … I already have a lot planned! But for now here’s a bit of a catch-up on some of my favourite pieces:

This ittle panther was done by Steve Boltz at Smith Street Tattoo Parlour in Brooklyn. It was a matching tattoo with a friend at the time during a visit to New York for NYE. The original artwork is a piece by Rik Lee
This little tomahawk was done on my lower leg by my good friend James Waters at Inksmiths of London down in Eltham. I'm a massive fan of combining script work, quotes, lyrics with tattoos. It reminds me of a specific moment / time in my life. "This is not your escape" is from one of my favourite songs by Underoath called To Whom It May Concern.

Both of my full sleeves are Japanese and have both been done by my great friend Paul Scarrott who works from his studio Magnum Circus Tattoo in Cheltenham. Below are a few shots of my arms and a couple of close ups to show some of the amazing detail Paul some how magically produces!

My right arm:

My left arm:

My chest was again done by Paul Scarrott and is a combination of a few tattoos. My third ever tattoo was the script across my chest which says "Clear Eyes, Full Heart". This is a shortened version of the Clear eyes, Full hearts, Can't lose from the TV show Friday Night Lights.
It's one of my favourite shows from the first episode until the finale. It's beautifully shot and the soundtrack by Explosions in the Sky is literally perfect.
A few years later Paul added the American eagle around the script. I think they work really well together.

A few years later Paul added 'Hopeless Romantic' on my ribs incorporating a heart locket in the centre under my eagle.

Now this one is a tricky one to get a good shot of! The tiger in my armpit was another addition by Paul Scarrott. Believe it or not, armpit tattoos arent the most painful (so far that trophy goes to the ribs!)

Stay Gold - Being true to yourself, innocent, uncorrupted ... unblemished. Another piece by Paul Scarrott.

Another tricky one to get a good shot of. The bear on my knee was again by Paul Scarrott and is one of y favourites. I can't wait to get my another knee done (at the moment I look a little lopsided!)

So there's the breakdown of my fave tattoos so far. Paul and i are in the middle of designing my full Japanese back piece as well as my other knee. I've got a few bits lined up with Oli Read and a couple planned whilst out in Japan by UE at The Parlour in Shibuya, Tokyo.

I'm far from over and there will always be something to add ... somewhere! So what's next ...


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Joseph R Winter. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig